Friday, June 08, 2007

Good news, good times


Received news that "Hot and Exhausted" was juried into the IQA Houston exhibit "The Sky's the Limit"...wow, what a treat! It will, I believe, also be traveling with the exhibit to Chicago next April and Portland, OR next May. I am excited that it will get some exposure for its theme expressing the dangers to our climate from the un-checked burning of fossil fuels.

I am posting a photo of myself..........cannot figure out how to post it in the "profile" section.

This is me sewing in my favorite spot, aboard my 34' Mainship "Sweet Babu". It can be challenging to sew on a boat ...........not from the motion so much as from the lack of space to bring supplies (I hate being away from my stash). But it is such a beautiful setting the rewards are well worth it.

About me..........

I am a devoted boater, it has been my life and my livelihood. My husband and I own and operate a marine survey business (www.magnificomarine.com). We live in South Florida and keep very busy during storm season inspecting damaged boats (we're also licensed adjusters) for insurance companies. I have a passion for weather watching and "hit the jack pot" when I went thru the eye of Hurricane Charley. I'd do it again in a heartbeat...........minus the aftermath which is horrible.


I also love traveling and lived in Belize for many years (my only child was born there; she is a citizen and I am a Permanent Resident). I've been married for 26 years to an attorney turned pirate.....we met commercial fishing on the West Coast. We've had our share of adventures to include surviving two boat sinkings (I was picked out of the water in my survival suit). But our most challenging adventure has been surviving the upbringing of our beautiful daughter, Becca.



1 Comments:

Blogger Sonji Hunt said...

To get your photo in the sidebar, cut/paste the code of the jpg (when you click on the picture you have posted) in the space alloted for your photo in your "profile" section. Then republish the whole thing. It should turn up then. Good luck with that.

6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home