Thursday, March 22, 2007

Rhapsody on a Theme


So, I have worked on many projects since "Hot and Exhausted"; two were gifts and one was a portrait of my daughter in a bikini at age 4.
But what I feel is my first "serious" work since last November is called"Rhapsody on a Theme".
It began with a technique taught by Carol Taylor but morphed into something all its own.
The musical notes are from Rhachmaninoff's "Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini" (the melody is from Paganini's "Caprice"). The size and length of the bottom panels as well as the placement of the wood buttons also reflect the melody.
I used artist-dyed jute, twine, silk, cotton, wool, cheesecloth, and chenille as well as commercial silk dupioni and various yarns.
Any and all comments are welcome. I composed and constructed "Rhapsody on a Theme" for a quilt competition themed "The Peak of Perfection" and the mountain peaks and fields of grain represent my search to learn more of how I might espress myself through this wonderful art of textile compositions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home