Friday, April 06, 2007

Juried into Denver National Quilt Festival

I received word yesterday that "Rhapsody On A Theme" was juried into the Denver National Quilt Festival to be held May 3 - 6, 2007. I am thrilled.
Even better, my wonderful husband talked me into flying to Denver (from Florida) to see the festival.
Lucky me.

This is the 75 word description I submitted; the Festival theme is "The Peak of Perfection"

“Rhapsody on a Theme”

Often we build from another artist’s work in
our search for perfection. Rachmaninoff began
with Paganini’s “Caprice” and took it to musical
perfection with his “Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini”.
I’ve depicted his first measures with the musical notes,
with the shape of the lower panels, and with the buttons.
Technique I learned from Carol Taylor began the quilt
but it quickly transformed into my own personal
Rhapsody on a Theme.
Peaks and fields symbolize my journey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home